Outdoor fires are perfect for those cool summer NY nights, and the most popular of all landscaping features. Give your patio a warm focal point that allows for good conversation, relaxation, melted marshmallows and s’mores. Contact Advanced Property Contractors, LLC and let us help you design a safe and appealing place to relax at the end of your day!
Outdoor storage sheds make an excellent place to stash all that stuff that’s preventing you from parking your car in your garage; a practical solution for storing lawnmowers, lumber, bicycles, gardening tools, ladders, and all the stuff we otherwise cram into the garage or pile up outside. You can even choose to hook up running water and electricity to make it a summer escape!
Here’s what you should know before you start building:
- Most towns require you to apply for and receive a building permit before starting construction.
- Selecting the right site is an important first step as excess moisture can rot wood, rust hinges, blister paint, and promote the growth of mold and mildew. The ideal building site should be relatively level, dry, and easily accessible.
- Proper materials are key to creating a sound foundation:
- Untreated construction lumber may cost less, but in time it’ll rot. Another way to prevent water from rotting your shed is to build it at least 6 inches above the ground so fresh air can circulate underneath.
- Two entrances can make it easier to reach items that might be in the back once your shed is full.
Some parts of shed-building are simply too time-consuming and exhausting to do yourself; clearing rocks, trees, and thick underbrush, leveling an uneven building site, or digging postholes, for example. Call your local landscape contractor & construction expert, Advanced Property Contractors, LLC, to help!
The most durable, toughest, most protective finish of exterior latex paint is achieved when the weather isn’t too hot or too cold.
Winter is tough on your home’s exterior as moisture wreaks havoc on exterior paint; snow, ice, frost, rain, and high humidity all negatively affect the paint by causing it to swell and soften. This will eventually lead to cracking, blistering, flaking, and peeling. Moisture conditions also support the growth of mildew.
A fresh coat of paint can boost your home’s curb appeal and help protect it from the elements. Even touching up the trim and shutters on your home can ultimately increase its value. One study revealed that the most popular colors for homes are neutrals and that bold shades are welcome, as long as they are used as accents.